At the beginning of 2022, the Vietnamese Government took the first initiative to reinstate international flight routes and open more than 20 ones later.
On March 15, the Vietnamese government issued Resolution 32/NQ-CP 2022 whereby visa exemptions shall be applied to citizens from 13 countries with a temporary residence period of up to 15 days from the entry date.
This Resolution marks a milestone in fully opening borders with foreigners for both business and travel purposes. The list of countries is as follows: Belarus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. Noticeably, citizens from these nations will get visa-free travel regardless of immigration purposes and types of passports.
The temporary residence period with some countries in ASIA could last more. In particular :
- Brunei, Myanmar – 14 days.
- Japan, South Korea (ROK) – 15 days.
- The Philippines – 21 days.
- Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand – 30 days.
Foreigners can simply apply online for a tourist E-visa, valid for 30 days with a fee of 25 USD.
In addition, quarantine measures for foreigners were removed. Foreign visitors are now able to travel freely with a negative COVID test upon arrival
according to the latest rule issued by the Vietnamese government. Under the new normal conditions, most international visitors to Vietnam only need the following requirements
- A negative result for the Covid-19 test before boarding (within 24 hours for the rapid test method, 72 hours for the RT-PCR method)
- Proof of valid medical/travel insurance covering Covid-19 treatment
- Downloaded PC-Covid mobile app (Apple/Google Play) which must be presented to enter all VN establishments.
Recognition of vaccine passport
Up to March 17th, 2022, Vietnam has reached an agreement on mutual vaccine passport recognition with 17 countries, including the USA, the UK, Japan, Australia, Republic of Belarus, India, Cambodia, the Philippines, Republic of Maldives, Palestine, Turkey, the Egypt Arab Republic, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Saint Lucia, and Korea. Accordingly, foreign visitors to Vietnam with vaccine passports or vice versa may be applied to the same medical measures as those vaccinated in their home country.
This recognition includes exemption from the consular certification/legalization procedure when using the vaccine passport in the destination country. Foreign vaccine passports are considered valid and can be used directly in the territory of Vietnam if officially or temporarily recognized by the Vietnam Vietnamese Government.
How to apply an E-visa
Step 1: Prepare the required materials:
· One 4×6 passport photo in .jpg format with a white background, without glasses.
· One photo in .jpg format of your passport data page.
· A passport is valid for at least six months.
· Your temporary address in Vietnam and points of entry and exit.
· Debit or credit card for payment.
Step 3: Upload your .jpg images (passport data page and passport photo) and fill out the required fields on the form completely. Submit your form.
Step 4: Pay the e-Visa fee of 25 USD. Copy down the document code provided.
Step 5: Within three working days you should receive news of your e-Visa application via email. If not, you can also run a search for your e-Visa at this link.
Step 6: Use your document code to locate your e-Visa online. Download and print the e-Visa in two copies for extra safety.
Viettonkin Manpower is pleased to provide assistance for foreign travelers and investors who want to travel to Vietnam during the post-pandemic period. Should you need further information, please feel free to contact us for further information.