The Covid – 19 pandemic has put a great impact on the world economy. The lock-down prevented companies from operating properly that led to job loss on a global scale. Working abroad has become a lucrative approach that created the shift of the labor force into countries less affected by Covid-19. Vietnam is one of those thanks to effective pandemic controlling actions from the Government. Thus, in this article we would like to provide you with the A-Z Vietnam entry conditions, procedures and necessary documents during the Covid-19 status in 2021.
Currently, to ensure the implementation of safety measures for the prevention and control of the Covid-19 epidemic, the Government of Vietnam only deals with foreigner employees who are investors, technical experts, and skilled workers, business managers come to Vietnam to work and must ensure the isolation plan.
Foreigners employees belonging to these subjects, if wishing to enter Vietnam in the present time, need to contact the agency or organization in Vietnam where they are expected to work to do visa procedures according to regulations.
- Law on entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam No. 47/2014 / Qh12, amended and supplemented by Law No. 51/2019 / QH14;
- Notice No. 330 / TB-VPCC announcing the conclusion of the Deputy Prime Minister Pham Binh Minh at the meeting on permitting regular international commercial flights between Vietnam and a number of partners;
- Official Letter No. 4995 / BYT-DP providing temporary guidance on supervision of people entering Vietnam;
- Other relevant legal documents.
Vietnam entry conditions for foreign employees
– Subjects entry in one of the following cases: Individuals who enter Vietnam to work for more than 14 days, including foreigners holding diplomatic passports, official passports, investors, skilled workers, business managers, and those who are subjected to cooperate with relatives; international students; foreign relatives of Vietnamese citizens (hereinafter referred to as immigrants) from countries where the epidemic has been well controlled.
* The above subjects must have the following proofs:
|Foreigners holding diplomatic passports, official passports||Diplomatic passports, official passports|
|Investors, business managers||Investors, business managers|
|Experts, skilled workers||Experts, skilled workers|
Vietnam entry records need to be prepared
A letter requesting entry for foreigners (in the form) sent to the People’s Committee of the province / city directly under the Central Government and the Department of Health of the province / city where the sponsoring company is located.
- Quarantine plan
- Medical commitment
- Passport photo of foreign visitors
- Copy of business registration certificate, investment registration certificate
- Corresponding papers in Section II notarized
- Letter of entry of foreign visitors (Form NA2 issued with Circular No. 04/2015 / TT-BCA dated January 5, 2015)
- Certification (in English language) negative for SARS-CoV-2 using virus genetic material detection (ARN) technique (RT-PCR / RT-LAMP …) of medical agency authorized medical practice.
Vietnam entry procedures
#Step_01: Register for an isolation facility to conduct entry quarantine with a specific work schedule in Vietnam. List of some approved hotels in Hanoi below:
|Muong Thanh Hanoi Grand Centre||Hoan Kiem|
|Wyndham Garden Hanoi||Ha Dong|
|Top Hotel Huu Nghi Hanoi||Nam Tu Liem|
|Mường Thanh Grand Xa La||Ha Dong|
|Sofitel Legend Metropole Hotel||Hoan Kiem|
|InterContinental Hanoi Westlake||Tay Ho|
|Crown Plaza West Hanoi||Nam Tu Liem|
|Silk Path Hanoi||Hoan Kiem|
#Step_02: Apply for approval of the entry list for foreigners at the People’s Committee of the province / city and Apply for approval for a quarantine plan at the Department of Health of the province / city.
Within 20 working days, the People’s Committee will consult the relevant competent agencies (the Department of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs, for foreigners who are experts and workers) for opinions. If the application is valid, the Client will receive the following results:
(i) A letter approving the list of foreigners entering and working in the locality of the People’s Committee;
(ii) An official letter from the Department of Health approving the quarantine of foreigners at the Hotel An official letter from the Health Department approving foreign guests to conduct isolation at the hotel.
In case the application is not valid, the People’s Committee will issue a reply.
#Step_03: Apply for a visa at the Immigration Department Within the period of application: 7 days from the date of receipt
#Step_04: Prepare a certificate (in English) negative for SARS-CoV-2 using virus genetic material detection (ARN) technique (RT-PCR / RT-LAMP … ) 3-5 days prior to entry by competent medical authority.
While on entry
– Must make medical declarations, perform international medical quarantine, install and use applications to trace and test SARS-COV-2
– In case of fever, cough, shortness of breath or signs of illness, the entry person is transferred to a medical facility for isolation and treatment.
– In case there is no sign of illness, the person on entry performing the isolation at the hotel facility is allowed for concentrated isolation.
– Sign a shuttle contract with the designated unit of the Department of Health of the district / city to pick up passengers entering from the airport / border gate to the place of isolation.
At a centralized isolation facility
In the case of not being tested at the checkpoint or the test result is not clear, take the sample to be tested immediately upon arrival at the central isolation facility.
If there is a positive test result, it is necessary to immediately isolate the medical center at the medical facility, organize the sampling, take care and treatment according to the current regulations for Covid-19.
If the test result is negative, keep quarantine, monitoring and medical supervision until the second sample is taken.
All cases are tested for the second time on the 6th day from the date of entry or as soon as symptoms are suspected to be infected. If there is a positive test result, it is necessary to immediately isolate the medical center at the medical facility, organize the sampling, take care and treatment according to the current regulations for Covid-19. Nearly exposed subjects continued to be quarantined for 14 days.
If the second test results are negative, they are allowed to move to the accommodation to continue quarantine until the 14 days and take measures to prevent epidemics according to the current guidance of the Ministry of Health.
At the accommodation
The local health authority performs medical surveillance according to regulations and takes samples for SARS-CoV-2 by virus genetic material detection (ARN) technique (RT-PCR / RT). -LAMP…) on the 14th day of entry or when there are symptoms of suspected illness.
If there is a positive test result or suspicion of immediate medical isolation at the medical facility, take samples for testing, take care and treatment according to current regulations for cases of Covid-19 .
- Register for a shuttle bus from a concentrated isolated place to the accommodation under the guidance of the Ministry of Health.
- Local health authority performs the Covid-19 test for the last time on the 13th day of entry. If the result is negative, the customer will be issued a decision to terminate the quarantine.
In short, the implementing of this procedure can be quite complicated because it involves many departments. But, It’s going to be much simpler if you get the right help. For any questions, please contact Viettonkin Consulting for appropriate support.